National Farmworker Awareness Week (NFAW) is a week of action for students, supporters, and community members to raise awareness about farmworker issues on school campuses, in churches, in organizations, and in communities all around the country. In 2015 we celebrate the 16th Annual National Farmworker Awareness Week to raise awareness about farmworker conditions, to take action in support of better living and working conditions for farmworkers, and to honor their important contributions to us every day!
The Farmworker Association of Florida is one of the sponsors of NFAW Week this year, as in years past. Several events are planned on college campuses and in our communities in Florida, which will culminate in a statewide day of action at the state capital on the birthday of Cesar Chavez – March 31st.
NFAW is an opportunity to raise our voices to demand stronger health and safety protections for farmworkers who risk their health so that we can have food to eat. Farmworkers need to be protected from pesticide exposure and the Environmental Protection Agency is in a position to make a significant difference in the lives of farmworkers in the future. Join us in sending a message to EPA and to others around the country for stronger a Worker Protection Standard.
Join us in tweeting! (Suggested tweets!) Tweet today and all week long.
- 20k poisonings a year! Stand #forfarmworkers. Take action to reduce pesticide poisonings http://ejus.tc/1Ff0sjd
- Who isn't protected from pesticides by OSHA standards? Only #farmworkers. Take action http://ejus.tc/1Ff0sjd
- Stand #forfarmworkers during this Awareness week. Tell #EPA to strengthen worker protections http://ejus.tc/1Ff0sjd
- You may not know their names, but they feed your family. Take action #fofarmworkers http://ejus.tc/1Ff0sjd
- We must protect all children from pesticides, the most at risk? #Farmworkers children http://ejus.tc/1Ff0sjd
Each day during NFAW highlights a specific issue of importance to farmworkers.
Tuesday March 24 | Living Conditions
Wednesday March 25 | Pesticides and Health
Thursday March 26 | Education
Friday March 27 | Community
Saturday March 28 | Living Wages
Sunday March 29 | Rights
Monday March 30 | Solidarity
Tuesday March 31| Family
Farmworkers Feed the World! Protect Farmworkers!